Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Does my employer not paying super anuation cause the lengthy delay in my return?

Highlighted

Views 250

Replies 1

So its been 4 weeks since I lodged and havent had a single answer from the ATO. My fellow employees are having this same issue, and we beleive its to do with a fraud case and a debt that was raised against our former employer. My question is, would my former employers terrible business praciteces (falsiying group certificates and not paying super anuation for three years) result in us being punished by our returns not being distributed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Cozzy91,

I've answered your other question, you can find the response here. Your employer's conduct should not impact the processing of your tax returns at all, and we do not withhold your tax returns in relation to unpaid superannuation queries.

If it has been four weeks since your return was lodged, you should contact us for additional information. Please bear in mind that everybody's circumstances are different, and any reason for delay on your account may not be the same for anybody else even if they are in a similar situation.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Cozzy91,

I've answered your other question, you can find the response here. Your employer's conduct should not impact the processing of your tax returns at all, and we do not withhold your tax returns in relation to unpaid superannuation queries.

If it has been four weeks since your return was lodged, you should contact us for additional information. Please bear in mind that everybody's circumstances are different, and any reason for delay on your account may not be the same for anybody else even if they are in a similar situation.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.