Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

FY20 JobKeeper Reports

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Views 476

Replies 2

@NicolaATO 

I cannot locate a Report in Online Services for JobKeeper stating what payments have been made and when.

A ATO representative today said I must ring to confirm the details.

I was told there is no JobKeeper Report as JobKeeper is a temporary measure.

Whilst I agree that JobKeeper is temporary, it does span 2 FY.

My view is that a Tax Agent would be in breach of the TASA Code of Professional Conduct if a incorrect amount of JobKeeper is reported on a Tax Return. A BAS Agent may also be in breach if JobKeeper is not correctly accounted for in the Profit and Loss.  

An Agent can tell from ATO Online if an entity is enrolled for JobKeeper but cannot tell what Declarations have been made and what ATO payments have been made.

Why would the ATO not provide a JobKeeper Report? 

Maybe it is a cost factor but I believe a JobKeeper Report would be highly beneficial to Agents and self-lodgers, and to the ATO, in ensuring correct calculation of Assessable Income. .

Duncan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @DuncanS

We have checked with our technical area and can confirm that we're working on developing a solution to this issue where we provide JobKeeper information submitted, including employer and employee eligibility status.

At this stage, the function is still being developed so we can't give you an expected timeframe, however, it's a priority so hopefully this is available soon. We'll continue to provide updates.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @DuncanS sounds like a reasonable question/suggestion. Things are changing all the time at the moment so we'll look into it for you and keep you updated.

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @DuncanS

We have checked with our technical area and can confirm that we're working on developing a solution to this issue where we provide JobKeeper information submitted, including employer and employee eligibility status.

At this stage, the function is still being developed so we can't give you an expected timeframe, however, it's a priority so hopefully this is available soon. We'll continue to provide updates.