Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Group Certificate

Highlighted

Views 266

Replies 1

Hi Community Members,

I have a simple question.

I have just received my Group Certificate from my former employer and have noticed that it is wrong.  It is showing the wrong taxable amount.

Any suggestions as to what may be possible.

An option that I have already considered is to go back to my former employer and seek for them to rectify the error.

The question here is, what recourse through the ATO may I have if option 1 doesn't work?

Thanks in anticipation

Albert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @aamadei,

Thanks for your question!

If you believe your payment summary is incorrect, you should first speak to your employer and ask them to correct their records.

If you are unable to correct the information with your employer, you will need to estimate your income and the amount withheld. To do this you can use records such as pay slips or bank statements showing the deposits of wages into your bank account.  

For assistance with estimating your income you can refer to our gross pay estimator. This will give you an estimate of your gross pay based on your net pay for a particular pay period, and will allow you to estimate how much PAYG withholding to declare as well.

Please remember to keep a written record of your calculations, as we may contact you if the amounts reported in your return differ from the information provided by your employer.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B

Community Support

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @aamadei,

Thanks for your question!

If you believe your payment summary is incorrect, you should first speak to your employer and ask them to correct their records.

If you are unable to correct the information with your employer, you will need to estimate your income and the amount withheld. To do this you can use records such as pay slips or bank statements showing the deposits of wages into your bank account.  

For assistance with estimating your income you can refer to our gross pay estimator. This will give you an estimate of your gross pay based on your net pay for a particular pay period, and will allow you to estimate how much PAYG withholding to declare as well.

Please remember to keep a written record of your calculations, as we may contact you if the amounts reported in your return differ from the information provided by your employer.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B

Community Support