Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: How do I apply for an extension date to lodge personal tax return?

Initiate

Views 313

Replies 1

It has taken my accountant a very long time to complete business tax due to complexities with Covid, JobKeeper, etc., such that it won't be completed in time for me to finalise my personal tax by the lodgement date (November 2).  I normally complete my personal tax myself - I know if i go through a tax agent they can get an extension.  How do I apply for an extended date if I plan to lodge myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MonumentalIC

Thanks for your question. If you require extra time to lodge your income tax return yourself then you will need to contact us by phone to request this. Please ensure you call us before the due date of 31st October 2020 to request this.

Thank you for contacting us and I wish you all the best!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MonumentalIC

Thanks for your question. If you require extra time to lodge your income tax return yourself then you will need to contact us by phone to request this. Please ensure you call us before the due date of 31st October 2020 to request this.

Thank you for contacting us and I wish you all the best!