Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

How long does ‘balancing account’ take?

Highlighted

Views 56

Replies 1

Hi there

I lodged my tax return on the 22nd of July and I am still waiting on my return to come through.

A week after I processed it changed to: ‘In progress - balancing account’. It has remained as this since and I am worried it has been forgotten or been lost in the ether.

How long should this stage take to finalise my return?

Additional point that may be relevant is I paid off my HECS debt with the exception of the contribution my workplace would make when the financial year ended. The HECS debt is now displaying at $0 but I am wondering if this could be adding to the problem?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @raynos18,

Sorry to hear your still waiting on your return.

This year’s returns may be taking longer due to JobKeeper payments however that is not the only reason such as your HECS debt as you mentioned.

Please refer to this thread that includes 2 links for you to read through regarding 'where's your tax refund'

I hope you get the refund soon Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @raynos18,

Sorry to hear your still waiting on your return.

This year’s returns may be taking longer due to JobKeeper payments however that is not the only reason such as your HECS debt as you mentioned.

Please refer to this thread that includes 2 links for you to read through regarding 'where's your tax refund'

I hope you get the refund soon Smiley Happy