Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

How often must I pay tax

I'm new

Views 448

Replies 1

I am living abroad and my annual income remains under $18,200. Will I be required to pay tax on this amount?

If so, will I be required to pay tax quarterly? Or can I complete my tax return yearly without the hassle of paying tax installments throughout the year?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @Rennyelle13 

If you are living abroad and are still a resident for tax purposes and earning an income you have an obligation to declare this income to the Australian Taxation Office by completing a tax return each year.  You can do this electronically using myGov and linking to the ATO Online service. Information about how to declare Foreign employment income on the return can be found here 

PBlizz

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @Rennyelle13 

If you are living abroad and are still a resident for tax purposes and earning an income you have an obligation to declare this income to the Australian Taxation Office by completing a tax return each year.  You can do this electronically using myGov and linking to the ATO Online service. Information about how to declare Foreign employment income on the return can be found here 

PBlizz