Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

How to change my visa detail in profile in ATO.

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 145

Replies 1

Hi, 

I was working holiday visa holder before (2016-2018), but now I'm a student visa holder.

When I tried to lodge my tax return, I found my visa statue is still WVH in ATO.

I believe I need to lodge my tax return as Student visa, how can I change my visa status? 

in ATO website, I can only change my personal detail (etc, address and phone number).

or

Is it doesn't matter when I lodge my tax return?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Seonyoungpark

I would be checking what your employer has you registered for. If you have remained working for the one employer since 2016 and did not advise them of the change this may be the problem. You will be looking to see when your status changed from foreign resident to Australian resident then your return should reflect this however if you would need to advise your employer also to have the tax rate withheld changed. See Employer registration for working holiday makers. As for you completing myTax you should be able to delete the pre-fill at step 4 by answering no and adding $0 at income and deductions.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Seonyoungpark

I would be checking what your employer has you registered for. If you have remained working for the one employer since 2016 and did not advise them of the change this may be the problem. You will be looking to see when your status changed from foreign resident to Australian resident then your return should reflect this however if you would need to advise your employer also to have the tax rate withheld changed. See Employer registration for working holiday makers. As for you completing myTax you should be able to delete the pre-fill at step 4 by answering no and adding $0 at income and deductions.