Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

I haven't put in a tax return for 7 years

Highlighted

Views 647

Replies 1

Hi everyone, I'm on disability and haven't put in a tax return for 7 years . I tried 3 years ago but was quoted $480 to have it done. I don't have this money. Over the last 3 years I've just been on disability but with in the 3 years previously I worked a couple of part time jobs when I was well although never earning much and not for long periods of time , most likely still under the tax free threshold. I don't know what to do as now the fee for getting my tax done after 7 years will be impossible to find. Any Advice please will be appreciated . 🙂Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @bohemianbeauty7,

Welcome to our Community!

If you're required to lodge an income tax return there are options available for you to lodge yourself, including lodging online via myTax if you have a myGov account or lodging via paper.

You can use our Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool to determine you're required to lodge a return. If you don't need to lodge a return you need to notify us of a non-lodgment advice for the relevant year.

Our Tax Help program is available to eligible individuals between July and October each year in all capital cities and many regional areas. You can find more information and check if you meet the eligibility criteria for our Tax Help program on our website.

If you need more information on how to lodge your returns or to notify us of a non-lodgment advice, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. The operator can assist with sending out paper tax returns or providing a linking code to link your myGov account to ATO online services.

Hope this helps, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @bohemianbeauty7,

Welcome to our Community!

If you're required to lodge an income tax return there are options available for you to lodge yourself, including lodging online via myTax if you have a myGov account or lodging via paper.

You can use our Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool to determine you're required to lodge a return. If you don't need to lodge a return you need to notify us of a non-lodgment advice for the relevant year.

Our Tax Help program is available to eligible individuals between July and October each year in all capital cities and many regional areas. You can find more information and check if you meet the eligibility criteria for our Tax Help program on our website.

If you need more information on how to lodge your returns or to notify us of a non-lodgment advice, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator. The operator can assist with sending out paper tax returns or providing a linking code to link your myGov account to ATO online services.

Hope this helps, JodieH.