• 23424 Members
  • 27597 Posts

ATO Community

I received my tax return on the 13th but got other payment summary

Ask a question

Views 384

Replies 2

Hi there

I got my tax return Friday , I then got other payment summary from my other job and I loved on to my gov to amend my tax to add this payment summary it’s now saying an amount and DR dose that mean I owe or it processing what happens now dose it just go threw the process off a normal take and see if they owe me or I owe them

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Khulse24, thanks for your post! We'll process your amend request in a similar way to your tax return. Because we'll need to compare your original return with the updated data and re-calculate your tax, it may take up to 20 business days for your online amendment to be processed. 

Once your amendment has been processed, we'll send you a notice of amended assessment to explain what's changed and the new outcome. If you received a refund on your original return, you may received a bill on your amended assessment - we'll add your extra income to your original income and re-calculate your total tax. Your total taxable income may be higher, which may mean additional tax needs to be paid. 

The status of your amendment may change more than once as it goes through the assessment process, and won't be finalised until we send you the notice of amended assessment. Your notice of amended assessment will explain whether you have a refund or a bill. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Taxicorn

Replies 0

When you do an amendment if the recalculation results in a Tax payable then you will have a debt with the ATO and that and instructions for repaying it will be sent out to you with your amended Notice Of Assesment.

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Khulse24, thanks for your post! We'll process your amend request in a similar way to your tax return. Because we'll need to compare your original return with the updated data and re-calculate your tax, it may take up to 20 business days for your online amendment to be processed. 

Once your amendment has been processed, we'll send you a notice of amended assessment to explain what's changed and the new outcome. If you received a refund on your original return, you may received a bill on your amended assessment - we'll add your extra income to your original income and re-calculate your total tax. Your total taxable income may be higher, which may mean additional tax needs to be paid. 

The status of your amendment may change more than once as it goes through the assessment process, and won't be finalised until we send you the notice of amended assessment. Your notice of amended assessment will explain whether you have a refund or a bill. 

Thanks.

Top Solution Authors