• 27288 Posts

ATO Community

Income Statement for Preparation of Income Tax Return

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 51

Replies 1

Hi All,

I would like to ask questions as I get confused when I opened my mygov acc.  I saw 2 income statement. 1 for this 1819FY and 1 for 1920FY.

I think this happened because my employer did not pay us on time, so delayed of 2 weeks. I have asked them to pay me immediately. Also, to let you know I left company before EOFY because pays is always delay. So my questions are:

1. In my tax return for 1819FY can I include my earnings for this FY that was paid after 30th June.

2. What should I do to report this employer who is delaying payment of wages. 

PS. Super from Nov 2018 to June 2019 is still unpaid. Already reported to ATO but seems no action taken yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Tirador

Welcome to our Community.

Your income statement will show your year-to-date salary and wages, the tax that has been withheld and the reported amounts of your employer super. Your income statement/s will be ready to use in your tax return when your employer marks it as 'Tax ready'.

If you received payments from your employer during the 2018-19 financial year as well as the 2019-20 financial year, you will see two income statements. When you submit your 2019 tax return, you can only include the details from the 2018-19 income statement.

The details from your 2019-20 income statement can only be included in your 2020 tax return. The fact that your employer paid you two weeks late doesn't mean that you can include a payment made this financial year in last financial year's tax return.

You can check out the accessing your payment summary or income statement page on our website for more information.

Regarding the salary and wage payment issues that you are having with your former employer, we suggest that you get in touch with the Fair Work Ombudsman. Check out their website for more information.

Regarding the super that your employer hasn't paid, while we aim to complete investigations as quickly as possible (generally the initial investigation takes four to six months), delays may occur if:

• your employer is slow to respond to our request for information
  • your employer does not provide enough information
  • we have a large number of investigations in progress.

You can check out the unpaid super page on our website for more information. Pay particular attention to our process when investigating your enquiry.

Super guarantee (SG) is a quarterly obligation. We can only investigate an enquiry about unpaid super for a period once the employer’s due date for lodgment to us has passed. This means that you may need to lodge another enquiry later in the year.

You can check out the report unpaid super contributions from my employer page on our website for more information about the quarters and due dates.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Tirador

Welcome to our Community.

Your income statement will show your year-to-date salary and wages, the tax that has been withheld and the reported amounts of your employer super. Your income statement/s will be ready to use in your tax return when your employer marks it as 'Tax ready'.

If you received payments from your employer during the 2018-19 financial year as well as the 2019-20 financial year, you will see two income statements. When you submit your 2019 tax return, you can only include the details from the 2018-19 income statement.

The details from your 2019-20 income statement can only be included in your 2020 tax return. The fact that your employer paid you two weeks late doesn't mean that you can include a payment made this financial year in last financial year's tax return.

You can check out the accessing your payment summary or income statement page on our website for more information.

Regarding the salary and wage payment issues that you are having with your former employer, we suggest that you get in touch with the Fair Work Ombudsman. Check out their website for more information.

Regarding the super that your employer hasn't paid, while we aim to complete investigations as quickly as possible (generally the initial investigation takes four to six months), delays may occur if:

• your employer is slow to respond to our request for information
  • your employer does not provide enough information
  • we have a large number of investigations in progress.

You can check out the unpaid super page on our website for more information. Pay particular attention to our process when investigating your enquiry.

Super guarantee (SG) is a quarterly obligation. We can only investigate an enquiry about unpaid super for a period once the employer’s due date for lodgment to us has passed. This means that you may need to lodge another enquiry later in the year.

You can check out the report unpaid super contributions from my employer page on our website for more information about the quarters and due dates.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

Top Solution Authors