Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Jobkeeper on PAYG Summary

I'm new

Views 78

Replies 1

Hi, 

I understand that the top-up amount up to the JobKeeper payment amount should be reported as allowances. But I just wanting to clarify if specific descriptions (e.g. start and end dates of Jobkeeper eligibility) are required on the PAYG Paymment Summary issued to employees? 

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @lengy84,

If you're issuing a paper payment summary you can write in the provide details column a description for what the allowance is for.

There's no need to enter a description on an income statement when using single touch payroll, (STP).

We've some really good information on our website about how to complete the allowance section on a payment summary.

Further reading about finalising STP is also available on our website

Take care and stay safe.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @lengy84,

If you're issuing a paper payment summary you can write in the provide details column a description for what the allowance is for.

There's no need to enter a description on an income statement when using single touch payroll, (STP).

We've some really good information on our website about how to complete the allowance section on a payment summary.

Further reading about finalising STP is also available on our website

Take care and stay safe.