Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

Manually editing incorrect income statement

Highlighted

Views 110

Replies 5

I manually edited my income as my employer failed to amend but my tax return was still calculated as per previous income. I requested my employer to amend it but he doesn't show any response. What can I do if my employer doesn't amend it? I don't have any income statement but I have my bank statement for proof and I also filled tip off form as they are showing extra income as other allowances in my income statement which I didn't get. I called ATO few times but they are saying my employer has to fix it but my employer is ignoring the matter!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @Mrssm

Usually, someone can go into MyTax and edit the information, and it should be Ok to lodge. Have you tried clicking on 'Save and continue' after you edit the details? Other than that, you could try deleting the statement and add another one.

Another option is to contact us again and this time mention to the ATO customer service officer that you have a 'pre-filling issue', and you have tried contacting the employer without success.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @Mrssm

Usually, someone can go into MyTax and edit the information, and it should be Ok to lodge. Have you tried clicking on 'Save and continue' after you edit the details? Other than that, you could try deleting the statement and add another one.

Another option is to contact us again and this time mention to the ATO customer service officer that you have a 'pre-filling issue', and you have tried contacting the employer without success.

Highlighted

Replies 2

@WainWright I already edited my statement and got my tax return that's why I knew my tax had been calculated on basis of my incorrect income statement despite my correction. I called ATO and mentioned my employer insists on income statement being corrected from his side and now ignores my request. ATO just advised me to contact my employer again and let him correct it (which he is not doing it) and amend my tax return after correction. Now what I need to do to process my income tax according to my manually edited income statement? What's the purpose of manually editing if ATO system calculates income tax according to prefilled data despite being edited!!
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Mrssm,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Income statement. As @WainWright has advised, have you contacted us again to say you have a pre filling issue that needs to be looked into? If we have already issued your Notice Of Assessment (NOA) and you did lodge with the correct information, it may need to be escalated or you may need to lodge an objection to the NOA. If you have pay slips and bank statements proving your taxable income, you may need to provide these to support your information.

All the best.

Highlighted

Replies 0

Thanks @Jodie2 for the reply.

I have already contacted ATO and as per their suggestion, I have requested my employer to amend my income statement. Now, my income from that particular employer is showing 'Tax Not ready'. I am not sure my employer contacted ATO or just pretending to correct it. However, since it's 'Tax not ready', should I wait until it gets ready or can I file objection for Notice of assessment now? I don't have payslips however I can submit my bank statement if it is enough.

Much appreciated your help.

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Mrssm,

If your employer is not correcting the data, and your return is processed, you will need to object to our decision.

As a part of your objection, you will need to include supporting documentation. In your case, for salary, wages and allowances,  evidence can include (but is not limited to):

• your income statement or payment summary they provided you (separate to the one in your ATO online services)
  • a signed letter or statement from your payer, which provides the same information as a payment summary, if you don't have a payment summary.

If you used the gross pay estimator to calculate it from your bank statements, you should save and print copies to provide in addition to your bank statements.