Announcements
We’re aware you may be experiencing issues trying to access our online services. We’re investigating the issue as a priority and are sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for your patience so far - we'll keep you posted!

ATO Community

My "Tax Account" shows as in credit for the amount of my tax return

Views 5245

Replies 3

Hi,

My "Tax Account" is showing as in credit for the amount my tax return is for, but my return is showing as "Balancing account". When checking the income tax statement/summary is shows my income tax return(Tax return Individuals) with processed date 07 Jul 2018 and effective date 20 Jul 2018, but no EFT refund transaction showing as yet.

Does this mean I wont get my refund until the 20th July? If so thats a full 3 weeks after my return was lodged Smiley Sad Needing my return to help buy a car so I can get around so I am very keen to get it back and start looking for a car.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Mitch,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can find information about the processing of your return in our Tax Time 2018: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and b... on our Community.

If your return takes longer than 10 business days to process, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to discuss with an operator. Have your TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

Thanks, JodieH

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous

Replies 2

The effective date is the date on which you can expect to receive your refund.

You can always phone the ATO to discuss but there is not much they can do about it under the circumstances.

Phone ATO 13 28 61

Replies 1

Hi MVF,

Quick follow up question. My return has been showing "Balancing account" since the the 5th or 6th July with no changes so far. The Effective Date inside the "tax accounts" part is the 20th July, should I just ignore the status and keep an eye out on the 20th for my refund?

Cheers,

M

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Mitch,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can find information about the processing of your return in our Tax Time 2018: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and b... on our Community.

If your return takes longer than 10 business days to process, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to discuss with an operator. Have your TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

Thanks, JodieH