ATO Community

Name printed on the cheque by ATO is different from the name on passport

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 431

Replies 1

I have recieved a cheque from ATO for the refund of superannuation after departed Australia.

However, the cheque that I recieved have my (first name) pinted before my (last name), whereas I have my (last time) printed before my (first name) on my passport. Therefore, when I try to cash in the cheque with Malaysian local bank, the bank was not neing able to process the cheque as the sequence of name printed on the cheque is somehow different from the name printed on my passport.

Could you kindly advice if ATO could re-issue a cheque that match my passport name or what other step I can take from here.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @lowcs,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you received a departing Australia super payment cheque from us, you'll need to phone or Skype us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday so we can update your details and reissue your cheque. If you're phoning from overseas, let our switchboard operator know and ask if they can arrange for someone to phone you back.

If you received a cheque from your former superannuation fund, you'll need to contact them directly to discuss your account details.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @lowcs,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you received a departing Australia super payment cheque from us, you'll need to phone or Skype us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday so we can update your details and reissue your cheque. If you're phoning from overseas, let our switchboard operator know and ask if they can arrange for someone to phone you back.

If you received a cheque from your former superannuation fund, you'll need to contact them directly to discuss your account details.

Thanks!

Top Solution Authors