ATO Community

Re: Not Tax Ready after 31st July

I'm new

Views 380

Replies 1

Hi Guys i have worked at two places during this FY and have two income statements one that is "Tax Ready" and one that is "Not tax Ready" 

Now from what I've read my employer had until the 31st July to finalise this. Its the 1st of August today and im not sure what to do? 

my old employer isn't exactly the most amazing people and is quite dodgy so I'm wondering if this is normal or if this is something they have done wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @caitlinmcl,

If after 31 July your income statement is not marked as 'Tax ready' in ATO online services, you will need to speak to your employer to find out when they will finalise your statement.

However, if you are unable to contact your employer or receive a timely outcome, you can still submit your income tax return. You will just need to manually update any incorrect information when lodging your income tax return. You can refer to your payslips to find the correct information to include in your lodgement.

Hope this helps!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @caitlinmcl,

If after 31 July your income statement is not marked as 'Tax ready' in ATO online services, you will need to speak to your employer to find out when they will finalise your statement.

However, if you are unable to contact your employer or receive a timely outcome, you can still submit your income tax return. You will just need to manually update any incorrect information when lodging your income tax return. You can refer to your payslips to find the correct information to include in your lodgement.

Hope this helps!