Announcements
COVID-19 update: Check out our answers to common questions about JobKeeper payment and early release of super.

ATO Community

Progress of return

Highlighted

Views 262

Replies 1

Hi, i submitted my tax return on the 8th of July. I had a processed date of 17July which came and went. I received a text message on the 18 July stating my return was taking longer than usual due to a bankruptcy (not an ato debt and below repayment/garnishing threshold limits)...it stated that if it was going to take longer than 30days or 6th of August that i would be notified. I have not been notified as if yet. The 6th of August has come and gone. My account is sitting at balancing account and has been for the past four weeks...my process dat of 17 July has also not moved. Surely since advising me on 18July that some manual processing was needed, the 3weeks following is ample time. Last year i had received my return by now and in that year i had centrelink payments, claims and the bankruptcy. This year all i have is the bankruptcy. Thoughts? I am waiting on a few thousand in my return.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Lozdog

Welcome to our Community.

Electronic returns are normally processed within two weeks. Paper returns are processed manually, taking 10 weeks.

Sometimes, returns take longer to process than the timeframes listed above. Returns can be delayed for a number of reasons. There are number of reasons why that can happen including where you are under an Insolvency administration, for example bankruptcy or debt arrangement.

If you were advised that you would be contacted after 30 days but haven't been, you may want to give us a call.

You can check out the tracking your refund or fixing a mistake page on our website for more information.

We also have a great Knowledge Base article that you might like to read:

Tax Time: Where’s my tax return?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Lozdog

Welcome to our Community.

Electronic returns are normally processed within two weeks. Paper returns are processed manually, taking 10 weeks.

Sometimes, returns take longer to process than the timeframes listed above. Returns can be delayed for a number of reasons. There are number of reasons why that can happen including where you are under an Insolvency administration, for example bankruptcy or debt arrangement.

If you were advised that you would be contacted after 30 days but haven't been, you may want to give us a call.

You can check out the tracking your refund or fixing a mistake page on our website for more information.

We also have a great Knowledge Base article that you might like to read:

Tax Time: Where’s my tax return?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR