ATO Community

Re: Submit a Non-Lodgment Advice from overseas

Views 593

Replies 3

Hi all,

I am a foreigner that studied in Australia this year in February but I left Australia in March due to the COVID-19 outbreak (So, I am actually staying in Australia for only one month). I have a temporary visa and I am planning to return to Australia next year to continue my study. 

I do not have any income in the last financial year (2019-2020), do I need to send a Non-Lodgment Advice to ATO? If so, is there any way to submit the Non-Lodgment Advice other than submitting it online? Maybe send to ATO by mail from overseas? Since I cannot log in to my myGov account from overseas, I cannot submit the form online.

Thank you in advance for your help.

King Regards,

Cheryl1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 2

Hi @Cheryl1 

We are sorry to hear that you had to leave Australia because of COVID-19. There are many others who have been through a lot of hardship as well.

There are a few ways to submit non-lodgement advice. You can do it online via MyGov, or you can submit a paper form and send it to us. Alternatively, you can phone us and submit non-lodgement advice over the phone. For more information about how to submit non-lodgement advice, please click here.

I hope this information is helpful to you!

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 2

Hi @Cheryl1 

We are sorry to hear that you had to leave Australia because of COVID-19. There are many others who have been through a lot of hardship as well.

There are a few ways to submit non-lodgement advice. You can do it online via MyGov, or you can submit a paper form and send it to us. Alternatively, you can phone us and submit non-lodgement advice over the phone. For more information about how to submit non-lodgement advice, please click here.

I hope this information is helpful to you!

Replies 1

Hi @CalebATO,

Thanks for answering! I decide to submit a paper form and send it to ATO but I have several questions about filling the form. I am not so sure about how to answer and write the rows about "Your postal address" and "Have you changed your postal address since your last tax return?".

For "Your postal address", should I write the address where I stayed in Australia or my current overseas address? 

For the second question, I do not know whether I should answer "Yes" or "No" in my case as I have not had any previous tax return before. 

Thanks for further support!

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @Cheryll,

Thanks for the reply.

Please use your current overseas address for postal address field and answer "Yes" for the change of postal address - we may have your Australian address on our record.

Hope this helps.