Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Tax Return Paper Lodgement

Highlighted

Views 743

Replies 1

Hi,

I've recently lodged a paper tax return via post to the incorrect designated ATO PO Box. I have posted it to another PO Box that takes care of TFN declaration forms instead.

Just wondering whether this will be an issue? Will my tax return form be redirected to the correct department for processing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @billie

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide general information here on our Community, however we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information in an online forum so we can't access your account to check if your return has been received. 

If you've sent it to us but to a different PO Box, once we receive the return it should still be scanned on to our system for processing. However, it would be best to wait 10 business days from when you posted the return and phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator who can check to see if it is showing on your account. 

Thanks, JodieH. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @billie

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide general information here on our Community, however we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information in an online forum so we can't access your account to check if your return has been received. 

If you've sent it to us but to a different PO Box, once we receive the return it should still be scanned on to our system for processing. However, it would be best to wait 10 business days from when you posted the return and phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator who can check to see if it is showing on your account. 

Thanks, JodieH.