• 26891 Posts

ATO Community

Tax Return amendment

Ask a question
Highlighted

I'm new

Views 53

Replies 1

Hey guys, I’m a touch confused on a few issues I’m having.
So I lodged my return, and noticed roughly 3 weeks later that I had a few numbers switched around.

Naturally, I panicked so I amended it before the original was complete. It then sent me an email confirming the amendment.

The next 7 days my account went back to balancing, processing and then gave me an estimated issue date.

I now have my notice of assessment with a return of $0, with no idea on the progress or the outcome of the amended return.

My question;
Is the current NOA for $0 the amended return
How do I see the status or the out come of the amended return.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Peterwm92,

Welcome to our Community!

A similar question has been asked in an earlier post which should provide some further clarity.

Additionally, if you amended your tax return before before your original return was processed, processing delays may occur as a result. Please note that amending your tax return can take up to four weeks to be processed and you should be able to view the outcome via myGov.

Thanks, @NelsonS

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Peterwm92,

Welcome to our Community!

A similar question has been asked in an earlier post which should provide some further clarity.

Additionally, if you amended your tax return before before your original return was processed, processing delays may occur as a result. Please note that amending your tax return can take up to four weeks to be processed and you should be able to view the outcome via myGov.

Thanks, @NelsonS

Top Solution Authors