ATO Community

Tax return after leaving Australia

I'm new

Views 292

Replies 1

I have offically left Australiia and know that I have overpaid in tax due to an office error made at the company I worked for. I contacted the ATO before I left and asked about getting an early tax return. I was advised to do it at a later date. This is now a problem because I cannot receive the code which is sent when logging into my ATO account because i'm not in Australia anymore. Please can someone tell me how I can get around this problem. I have tried live chats and only get AI that cannot help. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Steph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @StephanieYoung

If you wish to lodge online you can contact myGov help desk on assistance with receiving the code. Another option is to create a new myGov account with a different email address and link it with ATO online again.

Another option is to lodge a paper return, most refunds are issued within 50 business days of lodgment.

Hope this helps!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @StephanieYoung

If you wish to lodge online you can contact myGov help desk on assistance with receiving the code. Another option is to create a new myGov account with a different email address and link it with ATO online again.

Another option is to lodge a paper return, most refunds are issued within 50 business days of lodgment.

Hope this helps!