ATO Community

Tax return date

Ask a question

Views 604

Replies 1

My tax return is due by 31.10.17. My appointment with tax agent is 13.11.17 will there be a problem? I was told because I am seeing an agent it should be okay???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rubydean8,

Welcome to our Community!

Generally speaking most registered tax agents have a special lodgment program and can lodge returns for their clients after the usual 31 October deadline. The due date you have under a registered tax agent will depend on your personal circumstances.

As you have made contact with your registered tax agent prior to 31 October, when they lodge your return your due date will be updated on your file - there should be no issue if your tax return is lodged by that tax agents due date.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Rubydean8,

Welcome to our Community!

Generally speaking most registered tax agents have a special lodgment program and can lodge returns for their clients after the usual 31 October deadline. The due date you have under a registered tax agent will depend on your personal circumstances.

As you have made contact with your registered tax agent prior to 31 October, when they lodge your return your due date will be updated on your file - there should be no issue if your tax return is lodged by that tax agents due date.

Thanks.

Top Solution Authors