ATO Community

Tax

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 100

Replies 2

Hi,
I have recently received a payslip and believe I haven’t been taxed enough. My job runs off a fortnightly tax bracket and when comparing my payslip to the tax table, I found I was taxed $300 less than I should have been.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with fixing this as a tax bill will not be ideal

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @mattdowney6,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you're concerned about the amount of tax that is being withheld from your pay isn't correct, we'd suggest speaking directly with your employer or payroll area to see why they have withheld the amount they have and to check the details on your TFN declaration form are correct.

If not enough tax has been withheld during the year you will end up with a tax bill so discussing this with your employer now may help resolve this from happening.

Thanks, JodieH.

2 REPLIES 2

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@mattdowney6 

Don't worry, you are getting extra money now so just save that and pay it back...

If you are  considered to be an Australilan resident for tax purposes the here is the fortnight tax table

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @mattdowney6,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you're concerned about the amount of tax that is being withheld from your pay isn't correct, we'd suggest speaking directly with your employer or payroll area to see why they have withheld the amount they have and to check the details on your TFN declaration form are correct.

If not enough tax has been withheld during the year you will end up with a tax bill so discussing this with your employer now may help resolve this from happening.

Thanks, JodieH.

Top Solution Authors