Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Text Message from ATO

Initiate

Views 4643

Replies 7

Hi,

I received the following text message from ATO: Hi *******
We have processed your income tax return. Your refund will be deposited within 3 business days to your nominated account.
Any low and middle income tax offset you're entitled to is included. For more information visit ATO online services via myGov.Australian Taxation Office

But on MyGov it doesn't show how much my refund is? And I have received a notice of assessment... How do I know how much my refund will be? Or how much will be deposited into my account
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Pigman

We will never send emails or SMS notifications with links to sites asking you to log in. Please always access our online services directly through myGov and ATO. If you believe the SMS is a scam message you can report it by email.

With your refund please give it some more time once it has been completed your myGov will reflect the amount and your notice of assessment will be uploaded.

Hope this helps!

7 REPLIES 7

Champion

Replies 5

Scammers are sending text messages to people, asking them to click on a link to update their details in myGov. ... The ATO will never send an email or SMS asking you to access online services via a hyperlink.

Initiate

Replies 4

Hi Lewis, they aren't asking me anything of what you have mentioned but thank you for your warning.

It's more then stating my refund will be processed within 3 business days but via MyGov it doesn't state how much I will be refunded and I haven't received my notice of assessment either.

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Pigman

We will never send emails or SMS notifications with links to sites asking you to log in. Please always access our online services directly through myGov and ATO. If you believe the SMS is a scam message you can report it by email.

With your refund please give it some more time once it has been completed your myGov will reflect the amount and your notice of assessment will be uploaded.

Hope this helps!

Initiate

Replies 2

I got the same terxt message.

Did you end up getting your return withing 3 days of the Text? 

Replies 1

My partner got the same message... and his MyGov isn't showing anything either.  Would like to know what it's about too!

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Arbie789,

Has your partner recently lodged the tax return? If so this may be a legitimate SMS advising that is will issue shortly. However, as advised in the previous posts, do not access myGov ATO link through the SMS. You can google myGov and access our link directly from the website.

Links -

myGov link.

SMS and email activity from us.

All the best.

Replies 0

Ok I have a answer to ur question. I recived the same text as you did from the ato okay so log in to your mygov website then go to the ato link ......then make sure ur on the home page ...ok u should see 3 boxes on the left and 3 on the right the first option (on the top left) says ..Find my TFN ....ok select the box under it, should say find my payment reference number , select that one after u do this u will see a few underlined in blue links after clicking on it, u should see ur tax return basically should show  how much u will be credited or how much u have oweing okay Good luck and I hope this helps ....I found mine out this way too 😊