Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: Uber Account Swap

Highlighted

Views 400

Replies 2

Hi,

I have a situation that I am confused about, I drive Uber the account is under my name, but the ABN is under my relative name and the income goes straight to the relative bank account. Considering this, should I lodge the GST on my account or my relative's account? 

Kindly help me out with this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Traza

Thanks for your post.

@Iheartrefunds is correct. Income tax applies to your ride sourcing income. Ride-sourcing is also subject to GST. In turn, as a ride-sourcing driver you need to have your own ABN so that you can be registered for GST.

We suggest that you have a look at the ride-sourcing page on our website as it explains everything you need to know.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 1

This sounds really wrong, You need your own ABN and you need to lodge this yourself. You shouldn't be using your relative's ABN. 

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Traza

Thanks for your post.

@Iheartrefunds is correct. Income tax applies to your ride sourcing income. Ride-sourcing is also subject to GST. In turn, as a ride-sourcing driver you need to have your own ABN so that you can be registered for GST.

We suggest that you have a look at the ride-sourcing page on our website as it explains everything you need to know.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR