Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

When is payment for Income tax 551 due?

I'm new

Views 4630

Replies 1

Hi team - my accountant has lodged my 17/18 tax return recently and I owe some money... but I cannot see a due date anywhere on the mygov website?! Help... I don’t want to be late but am going to need a few weeks/ months to collect the funds.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Overseasaussie,

Thanks for your post. The due date for payment is listed on the bottom of your notice of assessment; however, if you've lodged your tax return via registered tax professional, your agent may have arranged to have your notice of assessment delivered to them for review.

You can find your notice of assessment and due date for payment using our online services in myGov if you have an account linked to the ATO. To view your notice of assessment:

• Go to the Tax tab
  • Scroll down to Lodgments, then select Income tax from the flyout menu.
  • In the Income Tax screen, click the History tab

You can also use our online services to create a payment arrangement if you need some extra time to get your finances in order. Use the payment plan estimator to work out a plan that meets your circumstances, taking into account the payment plan conditions and how quickly you can pay off the debt, including how much interest you'll be charged. To set up a payment plan in our online services:

• Go to the Tax tab
  • Scroll down to Payments, and click on Payment plans
  • In the Payment plans screen, click on the Add button and complete the online form.

Hope that helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Overseasaussie,

Thanks for your post. The due date for payment is listed on the bottom of your notice of assessment; however, if you've lodged your tax return via registered tax professional, your agent may have arranged to have your notice of assessment delivered to them for review.

You can find your notice of assessment and due date for payment using our online services in myGov if you have an account linked to the ATO. To view your notice of assessment:

• Go to the Tax tab
  • Scroll down to Lodgments, then select Income tax from the flyout menu.
  • In the Income Tax screen, click the History tab

You can also use our online services to create a payment arrangement if you need some extra time to get your finances in order. Use the payment plan estimator to work out a plan that meets your circumstances, taking into account the payment plan conditions and how quickly you can pay off the debt, including how much interest you'll be charged. To set up a payment plan in our online services:

• Go to the Tax tab
  • Scroll down to Payments, and click on Payment plans
  • In the Payment plans screen, click on the Add button and complete the online form.

Hope that helps.