Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

cancel tax lodgement

Views 672

Replies 2

I went to submit my tax with an account and it says it has already been lodged, I don’t know if i did it my error on my gov site but how do I cancel so i can lodge through tax agent?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @D1985 

As @JakeE advised you should be able to see this lodgment in you ATO Online account in myGov. If you did not lodge the tax return you need to contact us as a matter of urgency. Our hours have been extended to assist the community during tax time, including weekends. If you did lodge the tax return in error and it is incorrect you will be need to request an amendment, your tax professional will be able to assist you with this.

Good luck with everything.

2 REPLIES 2

Devotee

Replies 0

If it wasn’t you who lodged the initial tax return you will need to contact the ATO directly and it through this forum. If you have a myGov account check that you can access it and in particular the ATO section. Check the return there and it details. Check the financial details to see if they are yours.

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @D1985 

As @JakeE advised you should be able to see this lodgment in you ATO Online account in myGov. If you did not lodge the tax return you need to contact us as a matter of urgency. Our hours have been extended to assist the community during tax time, including weekends. If you did lodge the tax return in error and it is incorrect you will be need to request an amendment, your tax professional will be able to assist you with this.

Good luck with everything.