ATO Community

doubled up amounts on income statements

Views 650

Replies 2

I have two income statements from the same employer - but one is incorrect. the first one covers a few payments at the start of the financial year, then my employer changed software and re-did those payments in the new software. so my second income statement covers everything for the full 12 months, and only this second - correct - statement has been finalized. is it ok to just ignore the incorrect unfinalized statement? I'm trying to do my tax return and they're saying they can't lodge my return until the incorrect statement is deleted, but my employer says there is no way to delete it because they no longer use that software it was originally done in.

would appreciate any help anyone can offer about this situation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 1

Hi @kim369,

When there are errors in pre-fill information on your income tax return, our first recommendation, as you have attempted, is to contact your employer.

However, if you are unable to contact your employer or receive a timely outcome, you can still submit your income tax return. You will just need to manually update the incorrect information when lodging your income tax return. You can refer to your payslips to find the correct information to include in your lodgement.

Hope this helps!

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 1

Hi @kim369,

When there are errors in pre-fill information on your income tax return, our first recommendation, as you have attempted, is to contact your employer.

However, if you are unable to contact your employer or receive a timely outcome, you can still submit your income tax return. You will just need to manually update the incorrect information when lodging your income tax return. You can refer to your payslips to find the correct information to include in your lodgement.

Hope this helps!

Replies 0

Can't find my TFN