Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

tax return overdue

I'm new

Views 321

Replies 1

hi i am an international student and i just received a mail from the ATO on 4th november 2020 saying my tax is overdue. but i have been in my country since march 2020 because of the pandemic. i used to work at kfc in november 2019 and 2-3 shifts in february 2020 and thats it. i havent being working anywhere else. so how are they asking me for "tax return overdue". 

someone please guide me through it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

Hi @ShreyaKrishna 

Just based on the info you provided If you have worked and earned money and you have PAYG taxwithheld you will need to lodge a tax return and if your income was under the threshold then your will get refund etc 

Hope this helps

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

Hi @ShreyaKrishna 

Just based on the info you provided If you have worked and earned money and you have PAYG taxwithheld you will need to lodge a tax return and if your income was under the threshold then your will get refund etc 

Hope this helps