• 26888 Posts

ATO Community

482 visa - Tax details required

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 43

Replies 2

Hi,
I reached Australia through 482 visa before 2 months ( OnJuly 2019) and started to work with uber eats food delivery through bike before 2 weeks (from September 2019). For each and every food delivery I do 35% GST is deducted.

Should I file my Tax at the end of the year ? Should I get ABN , TFN ? Am I eligible for those ?.

Can someone please explain about the Taxation process.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Yes you need to have a TFN and an ABN.

At the end of the financial year (June 30 2020) you will need to lodge a tax return and will have until October 31, 2020, to complete it if you lodge it yourself.

All the income needs to be recorded and then you would reduce it by all the expenses that you incurred (including Uber fees & charges).

Not sure what you mean 35% GST is deducted.......???

2 REPLIES 2

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Yes you need to have a TFN and an ABN.

At the end of the financial year (June 30 2020) you will need to lodge a tax return and will have until October 31, 2020, to complete it if you lodge it yourself.

All the income needs to be recorded and then you would reduce it by all the expenses that you incurred (including Uber fees & charges).

Not sure what you mean 35% GST is deducted.......???

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bharanisep09,

Thanks for your question!

In addition to the information provided by @macfanboy, you can have a look at our knowledge base article for delivery drivers.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

Top Solution Authors