ATO Community

From student visa 500 to BVA to partner visa 820

Views 162

Replies 2

I would like to know the tax rate while I'm holding a BVA from student visa 500 to partner visa 820.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Tatiana,

Thanks for your patience.

Except for working holiday holiday makers, your visa status does not determine the amount of tax that you pay.

The amount of tax is worked out by whether you are a resident or non-resident. See Individual-income-tax-rates

If you are staying in Australia long term with a partner and you plan live in Australia permanently then this points to you being a resident of Australia.

Although there are no exact rules, see examples-of-residents-and-foreign-residents for some examples of similar situations.

KylieS

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Tatiana,

Let me check on this one for you.

Thanks

KylieS

Highlighted

Best answer

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Tatiana,

Thanks for your patience.

Except for working holiday holiday makers, your visa status does not determine the amount of tax that you pay.

The amount of tax is worked out by whether you are a resident or non-resident. See Individual-income-tax-rates

If you are staying in Australia long term with a partner and you plan live in Australia permanently then this points to you being a resident of Australia.

Although there are no exact rules, see examples-of-residents-and-foreign-residents for some examples of similar situations.

KylieS