Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Status of Working Holiday Maker (WHM) in Personal Details Section

Highlighted

Views 672

Replies 6

Hi everyone.

I am currently holding Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462), however the status of my Working Holiday Maker (WHM) in my personal details section is indicating "NO". Does it mean that Australian Taxation Office has wrongly updated my Working Holiday status?

Appreciate any kind advice/answer.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 4

Hi @BenjaminChan,

As @macfanboy has said we are not sure where you are referring to. If this is from your employer you may need to either let them know that this is incorrect or submit a new TFN declaration.

If you are concerned that this is on your account with us you may need to get in contact with us over the phone to talk to an operator and get them to check.

Thanks, NateH

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@BenjaminChan 

"however the status of my Working Holiday Maker (WHM) in my personal details section is indicating "NO"."

Which personal details and where?

Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 4

Hi @BenjaminChan,

As @macfanboy has said we are not sure where you are referring to. If this is from your employer you may need to either let them know that this is incorrect or submit a new TFN declaration.

If you are concerned that this is on your account with us you may need to get in contact with us over the phone to talk to an operator and get them to check.

Thanks, NateH

Highlighted

Replies 3

I am sorry if my question was confusing. Thank you so much @macfanboy @NateATO  for trying to solve my enquiry.

I access my personal details sections as below:

1. Access into myGov account >>> 2. Link with Australia Taxation Office Service >>> 3. Click “ Find my TFN” >>> 4. Personal Details >>> 5. Working holiday maker (WHM) is indicating “No”.

Appreciate your further advice.

Thank you again.

Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 2

Hi @BenjaminChan,

The information on mygov can come from your previous income tax return or Department if immigration. I would suggest checking both of these areas. If it was your last income tax return you will need to do an amendment.

Thanks

KylieS

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi there!

I have a similar question, as in my Personal details it is stated that I am on a Working Holiday Visa (WHM : YES), even though since last year I am already on a bridging partner visa (BVB)..

How come this is not up to date, even though it is obviously all correct in the immi account and homeaffair?

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted

ATO Certified Response

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@johannes 

If you are talking about in your tax return then it is you that updates and/or changes that when you lodge a tax return.

If it was incorrect for lastfinancial year 2018-2019, then you should do an ammendment as suggested.