Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

Uber eats tax as working holdiay maker

Views 2604

Replies 1

Hi there,

I have been to Australia on a Working Holiday Visa (417). I have worked as an employee with my TFN where I have already payed the 15% working holiday maker tax rate.

In addition to that I have worked as a delivery driver for uber eats where I haven't yet paid any tax. Do I have to lodge a tax return? And will my income from this job be taxed at the same 15% rate as a normal job?

I hope you can help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @hanspeter,

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide you with general information here to help you lodge your tax return, however we can't confirm if you will pay 15% tax as we'd need to know more information about your situation to calculate your tax rate.

Generally speaking, if you've earned income and had tax withheld you need to lodge a tax return. You can use our Do I need to lodge tool which will as you a series of questions to help determine your requirements.

Any income you receive through the sharing economy (as an Uber eats delivery driver) is considered assessable income and subject to income tax. You must report this income in your tax return and you can claim any deductions relating to expenses you incurred as a delivery driver.

If you have a myGov account and it's linked to ATO online services, you can lodge your return via myTax. If you have any questions when lodging your return, you can use the Live chat function within myTax to connect with an officer in real time.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @hanspeter,

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide you with general information here to help you lodge your tax return, however we can't confirm if you will pay 15% tax as we'd need to know more information about your situation to calculate your tax rate.

Generally speaking, if you've earned income and had tax withheld you need to lodge a tax return. You can use our Do I need to lodge tool which will as you a series of questions to help determine your requirements.

Any income you receive through the sharing economy (as an Uber eats delivery driver) is considered assessable income and subject to income tax. You must report this income in your tax return and you can claim any deductions relating to expenses you incurred as a delivery driver.

If you have a myGov account and it's linked to ATO online services, you can lodge your return via myTax. If you have any questions when lodging your return, you can use the Live chat function within myTax to connect with an officer in real time.

Thanks, JodieH.