Announcements
COVID-19 update: Check out our answers to common questions about JobKeeper payment and early release of super.

ATO Community

Uber eats tax

Highlighted

Views 438

Replies 1

Hello,

I just have a few questions about how it works exactly when you're doing uber eats and are on a working holiday visa for the tax.

Firstly, I've read on Internet that I must have a abn to do uber eats but actually they didn't ask me one when I did my account, so do I need an abn to pay my tax or can I just declare the total amount of my income coming from uber when I will do my tax return declaration?

Secondly, will I be tax on my usual basis of 15% on my uber eats income?

Thirdly, I also did a few weeks of cleaning with an abn... Should I add all my incomes and declare everything all together (uber eats and cleaning) or should I declare both of them separately?

Thanks for your time,

Amy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

People do work for Ubereats without an ABN and Ubereats doesn't really care.

You do need an ABN and if you already have one then just use that one in your tax return.

Ubereats and the cleaning will go in your tax returns as two separate incomes.

Cleaning may go under PSI income, whilst Ubereats would go under Business Income assuming you are a contractor.

Both net incomes then would go at "Adjustments - Working Holiday Maker" section.

You would quote your ABN for both.

Working Holiday Makers are taxed at 15% up to $37,000 and then 32.5% from $35,001 to $87,000

Have a read of this Tax Wiki

Don't forget to include all of your work-related deductions.Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

People do work for Ubereats without an ABN and Ubereats doesn't really care.

You do need an ABN and if you already have one then just use that one in your tax return.

Ubereats and the cleaning will go in your tax returns as two separate incomes.

Cleaning may go under PSI income, whilst Ubereats would go under Business Income assuming you are a contractor.

Both net incomes then would go at "Adjustments - Working Holiday Maker" section.

You would quote your ABN for both.

Working Holiday Makers are taxed at 15% up to $37,000 and then 32.5% from $35,001 to $87,000

Have a read of this Tax Wiki

Don't forget to include all of your work-related deductions.Smiley Happy