Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

WHV 417 and tax

I'm new

Views 424

Replies 1

I’m from the UK and on a working holiday visa (417). Can I apply to my tax return while still in Australia or do I have to be in my home country to apply?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Abbyvml,

Thank you for your post. If you have earned income and paid tax in Australia you will need to complete a tax return here. You can lodge from July 1- Oct 31 2020, this is for the 2020FY. If you have access to MyGov you can lodge online via myTax. If you earn any income from July 1 up until you leave Australia you can check when and how to lodge online

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2.   

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Abbyvml,

Thank you for your post. If you have earned income and paid tax in Australia you will need to complete a tax return here. You can lodge from July 1- Oct 31 2020, this is for the 2020FY. If you have access to MyGov you can lodge online via myTax. If you earn any income from July 1 up until you leave Australia you can check when and how to lodge online

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jodie2.