ATO Community

Error A918.26

Ask a question
Highlighted

I'm new

Views 63

Replies 1

Hello All,

I am newly registered tax agent got my registration on 24the July 2019, previously I used to hold BAS agent registration for past 4 years.

After receiving my registration I was informed that my tax agent portal login should be working within 21 days of receiving the registration. Though I received acknowledgment from ATO about my registarion on 8th August 2019 I was unable to log into ATO portal. Calling the registration team ( 137286  fast code 3, 3) my queries were ignored saying I can raise the request only after 21 days hence after 15th August. Since 15th August I am calling ATO everyday with request to check why my ATO portal ( both TAX and BAS) is not working ( getting error A918.26 when I put my password in login screen) but I have received no help. This is causing my work to be very behind unable to lodge client BAS, super obligations. Please Please Please help 

Below are the case ID's that I have received so far.

1. **TFN removed**7766

2.**TFN removed**4635

4. **TFN removed**4840

5. **TFN removed**3355

6.**TFN removed**2066

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Vandana,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult experience with this!

The error A918.26 does seem to have a couple of solutions but it does seem that ultimately it refers you back to the channels that you've already been through. You can try clearing your browser cache at the first step, to see if this helps in any way, but there are some other things that we may need to look at.

Please note that we do not have access to your practice from this forum, so we can only provide general guidance.

Could I please confirm, are you able to log into the Business Portal or Access Manager using your AUSkey? Have you changed your ABN and/or Registered Agent Number (RAN) when you became a registered tax agent, or is it the same ABN/RAN that you held as a BAS agent?

If you are able to log into all other AUSkey services besides the Tax Agent Portal, this may just be a permissions issue. Sometimes when there is a new tax practitioner registration, this can cause difficulties because the AUSkey has not been allocated the correct permissions for the new Registered Agent Number (RAN).

You can log into Access Manager and review your permissions, making sure that the correct RAN is attached to the ABN for your AUSkey as follows:

• Ensure the Agent Number drop down box at the top of the screen is populated as 'select number'.
  • Select Access and permissions from the left hand menu.
  • Select Tax practitioner access link in the new screen.
  • Assign the credential holder against the correct agent number/s and save.

If you are unable to log into any services using your AUSkey, then you may need to apply for a new AUSkey or contact our AUSkey team.

I hope this is helpful, but please let me know if you get stuck or need any other assistance.

Thanks,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Vandana,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a difficult experience with this!

The error A918.26 does seem to have a couple of solutions but it does seem that ultimately it refers you back to the channels that you've already been through. You can try clearing your browser cache at the first step, to see if this helps in any way, but there are some other things that we may need to look at.

Please note that we do not have access to your practice from this forum, so we can only provide general guidance.

Could I please confirm, are you able to log into the Business Portal or Access Manager using your AUSkey? Have you changed your ABN and/or Registered Agent Number (RAN) when you became a registered tax agent, or is it the same ABN/RAN that you held as a BAS agent?

If you are able to log into all other AUSkey services besides the Tax Agent Portal, this may just be a permissions issue. Sometimes when there is a new tax practitioner registration, this can cause difficulties because the AUSkey has not been allocated the correct permissions for the new Registered Agent Number (RAN).

You can log into Access Manager and review your permissions, making sure that the correct RAN is attached to the ABN for your AUSkey as follows:

• Ensure the Agent Number drop down box at the top of the screen is populated as 'select number'.
  • Select Access and permissions from the left hand menu.
  • Select Tax practitioner access link in the new screen.
  • Assign the credential holder against the correct agent number/s and save.

If you are unable to log into any services using your AUSkey, then you may need to apply for a new AUSkey or contact our AUSkey team.

I hope this is helpful, but please let me know if you get stuck or need any other assistance.

Thanks,

Rachael B.

Top Solution Authors