ATO Community

ABN/ACN

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 1117

Replies 2

Hello ATO,

I have two EOFY Income and Expenditure statements from a real estate agent.  Neither has an ABN or ACN.  Should they have an ABN or an ACN.

Thanks,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @bobpitt,

Welcome to our Community!

@Tracye74 is correct - an end of year statement does not require an ABN/ACN. The requirements to quote an ABNs is on tax invoices when a sale has taken place, along with other information that clearly details the transaction. You can find out what the requirements of tax invoices are, on our website.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @bobpitt

I would'nt think it would need to have an ABN/ACN as its just a statement to show you the figures for the end of year for your records. I have done many statement of accounts in other jobs and didnt need to  include the ABN.

If they invoiced you then they would require that information.

Hope this helps

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @bobpitt,

Welcome to our Community!

@Tracye74 is correct - an end of year statement does not require an ABN/ACN. The requirements to quote an ABNs is on tax invoices when a sale has taken place, along with other information that clearly details the transaction. You can find out what the requirements of tax invoices are, on our website.

Thanks.