Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Amzon driver ABN

Views 1200

Replies 3

Hi,

For someone who intend to become an Amazon flex drver, I was told an ABN number is required. Can someone help me with it? Please~ What category will best matches the Individual/Sole Trader's main business activity?

1.Taxi truck service - with driver

2.Contract truck driver agency or hire - supplying own employees to other businesses on a fee or contract basis

3. Truck driver hire on a short term basis - supplying own employees to other businesses on a fee or contract basis

or anything you think it's more appropriate.

Thank you all who share their knowledge in the community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @vnien,

We have a Business Industry code search tool available which I will link below. When having a look at possible match using the tool the most appropriate match I could find was 51020 Courier Pick-up and Delivery Services.

I hope this helps!

Links

Business industry code search

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @vnien,

We have a Business Industry code search tool available which I will link below. When having a look at possible match using the tool the most appropriate match I could find was 51020 Courier Pick-up and Delivery Services.

I hope this helps!

Links

Business industry code search

Replies 1

Thank you for the answer. Can you also tell me if I do need to have a tax agent number ready when I registered ABN. I work in retail business for many years, always did the tax return myself as there is nothing complicated. So did not associated with any accountant or tax agent in the past. Thanks.

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @vnien,

Your very welcome!

I can confirm that you are not required to enter a Tax Agent number into the ABN application form. If you decide down the track that you require the services of a Tax Agent, they will be able to add themselves as authorised contacts for your ABN.