Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

How does an iOS developer lodge BAS/GST?

I'm new

Views 422

Replies 1

Hi there,

I'm an iOS developer and I sell Apps via Apple's App Store(all over the world).

For example, I earned $1000($500 from Australia, $500 from the US) laster year, how can I lodge the BAS?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi Sid111,

If your wanting to claim and/or charge GST, you will need to register for GST if you haven’t already done so. To register you will need to register via Business Portal.
To get access to your own business portal please follow these instructions.

Please note if you need to backdate the registration for example: to start GST from 01 Jan 2020, you will need to call us on our business enquiries line.

When you register, you’ll be given the option whether you want to report monthly, quarterly or annually (this options is only for specific circumstances and may not apply to you).

Once you have enrolled, BAS will be generated for you each period and you will lodge them via your ATO link on myGov or a business portal.

Follow these instructions on how to report GST on your BAS.
You’ll notice on the left-hand side of that page is a drop-down box for 'Complete your BAS', please drop that box down for Steps 1 to 6 for further instructions.

Good luck with your first report Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi Sid111,

If your wanting to claim and/or charge GST, you will need to register for GST if you haven’t already done so. To register you will need to register via Business Portal.
To get access to your own business portal please follow these instructions.

Please note if you need to backdate the registration for example: to start GST from 01 Jan 2020, you will need to call us on our business enquiries line.

When you register, you’ll be given the option whether you want to report monthly, quarterly or annually (this options is only for specific circumstances and may not apply to you).

Once you have enrolled, BAS will be generated for you each period and you will lodge them via your ATO link on myGov or a business portal.

Follow these instructions on how to report GST on your BAS.
You’ll notice on the left-hand side of that page is a drop-down box for 'Complete your BAS', please drop that box down for Steps 1 to 6 for further instructions.

Good luck with your first report Smiley Happy