Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Change the jobkeeper eligibility criteria!

Enthusiast

Views 737

Replies 2

Jobkeeper Eligibility: "If you are long term casual employee with another permanent job you're not eligible." Even if the long term casual job is the primary employment providing you with the most incomce! So it makes more sense to quit the permanent part time employment in order to access Jobkeeper from long term casual employment as I'll be paid much more through that? We're not talking about primary permanent full-time job here! Just secondary with less hours/wage than the primary long term casual. It's such a stupid criteria for anyone with a secondary non-Jobseeker permanent part time job income at the expense of not being able to qualify for Jobkeeper through the primary long term casual job. But if you have 2 or more long term casual or 2 or more permanent part time job you can apply Jobkeeper from any one of them who are applying Jobkeeper? Explain that ATO! Or if you can't tell the government to change the criteria asap! There are lots of us with primary long term casual employment with additional secondary permanent part time position with less wage than the casual job OR the Jobseeker not being able to apply for Jobkeeper throught long term casual job! Disgusting!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

I see your point, but I think your complaint is in the wrong place. The ATO is just administering the payment, you need to send your complaint to Treasury or our local member of pariliament. They make the laws.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

I see your point, but I think your complaint is in the wrong place. The ATO is just administering the payment, you need to send your complaint to Treasury or our local member of pariliament. They make the laws.

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Thanks. I did. This govt needs to wake up more and cater for various different types of work arrangements as well as look after EVERYBODY affected by this crisis instead of sitting on their 6 digit plus salaries with 6 digit super for life down the track!

@wonka5 wrote: