Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Is it a tax event if someone transfers crypto he has managed for me from his account to my accou

Views 136

Replies 2

Is it a tax event if someone transfers crypto he has managed for me from his account to my account? Neither he or I have benefitted from the crypto. He has simply managed the buy for me and now I'm ready to manage it myself. Is it a tax event if he simply transfers my quantity of crypto to my account? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Blowfishgreen

We've answered a question similar to this on a previous thread that should help you out. Have a read through and let us know if you have any questions. The thread pretty much says exactly what @MCA_Accountants did, but gives you a little more info that would be helpful. 

Hope this helps. 

2 REPLIES 2

Devotee

Replies 0

No, not a CGT event. You will want to have paperwork etc to back this up however.

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Blowfishgreen

We've answered a question similar to this on a previous thread that should help you out. Have a read through and let us know if you have any questions. The thread pretty much says exactly what @MCA_Accountants did, but gives you a little more info that would be helpful. 

Hope this helps.