Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

ATO-Held super

Views 211

Replies 5

Dear sir.

sub:missing ato held super from my Gov account

I am a former international student.I am already back to Nepal.i had ATO held supper 2531.62 balance until 28/08/2020.I applied for a refund through online system. it said it would be released within 28 business days.i waited for 28 days, but  i did not get. When i again check after 28 days.it showed super withdrawing pending.Now, again I check, it says no balance.It does not have  ATO withheld super. My super is lost. Why is this happening?I have still proof of the estimated release proof pdf page?No email in my gov inbox regarding super.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Khem2036,

It's pretty likely the cheque your payment was sent in was delayed due to the COVID19 postal delays. However, since it has been an extended period of time it may be a good idea to contact us to look into getting another cheque sent out. You can contact our overseas line and ask to be transferred to our superannuation area. The number is available on our contact us page under Overseas Enquiries - General. 

Hope this helps. 

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Khem2036,

It's pretty likely the cheque your payment was sent in was delayed due to the COVID19 postal delays. However, since it has been an extended period of time it may be a good idea to contact us to look into getting another cheque sent out. You can contact our overseas line and ask to be transferred to our superannuation area. The number is available on our contact us page under Overseas Enquiries - General. 

Hope this helps. 

Replies 0

It can not be through cheque because i have not requested through cheque payment in my GOV account.I have rquested to transfer into nomianted australian bank account,as per the provision in the online withdraw system of ATO-Held super.Still, i have the pdf file of Withdrawl requested reference number and super amount.When request for cheque payment has not been made,how can cheque payment be made?

Replies 0

Hi Khem2036,

Did you hear back from ATO? I am facing a similar issue. I applied to withdraw ATO held super using ATO in mygov account 2 days. It showed that it will process in 28 days but now when I check it I can't see it. The fund has moved into closed accounts and I haven't received any notification from ATO/MyGov

Replies 1

i am having same problem.I requested to transfer on nomiated  bank account going into institution detail.It said i will receive within 28 days.i have still pdf and reference no of witheld super withdraw.I waited for more than 28 days.later, when i check super ,it said no balance.Neither amount deposited in nominated australiam bank acoount nor it has mentioned in mu online MY GOV in box.I am really shocked.I got the reply that i could be emailed.But i have not requested for Cheque .i did withdraw through online requesting to transfer into australian bank account.I did not understand why this is happening.Still i have pdf file as proof for supernaution fund.

Replies 0

Oh ok. Mine is showing withdrawl pending in Mygov account. I have also transferred into my nominated australian bank account. It says pending will be processed in 28 days. Let's see. Have you called ATO?