Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

ATO held super

Views 121

Replies 2

Hi,

My 457 visa is expired and I'm overseas now.

My super was held to the ATO and when I tried to get it back via ATO, i didnt get an option but to get a cheque sent to overseas. 

I've just logged the request today and it's supposed to be process in 28 days, is it still possible to revert it to Australian / overseas bank account instead of physical cheque?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @gabigo

Yes, you can change your details on the application. To do so, you'll need to contact us using the overseas enquiries line.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @gabigo

Yes, you can change your details on the application. To do so, you'll need to contact us using the overseas enquiries line.

Replies 0

Hi @BlakeATO 

As per your advise, I called ATO to ask that. they say they can't change it until it's issued +21 days if it's not ben cashed out.

I asked will I get notified once it's issued and the answer is I need to call to check, then wait til 21 days, then call again. 

It's very upsetting because if there's an option to get it not via cheque I would've picked it in the first place