Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

DASP Eligibility

Views 101

Replies 3

Hi,

I arrived to Australia on a student visa originally, then applied for a partner visa. Both of these visas were temporary visas at the time. I then got to a new subclass visa which is the partner visa as resident. Now that my visa is expired and I have left Australia am I entitled to claim DASP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Sdeokar

In order to be eligible for DASP, you must not be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.

If your visas were all temporary and are now expired, and you have left Australia, you will be eligible for DASP.

You can read about eligibility for DASP on our website.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Sdeokar

In order to be eligible for DASP, you must not be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia.

If your visas were all temporary and are now expired, and you have left Australia, you will be eligible for DASP.

You can read about eligibility for DASP on our website.

Replies 1

Hi,

All my visas expired now so I am no longer a resident. So does that work? 

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Sdeokar,

Yes, that's correct