ATO Community

DASP application by the tax agent

Views 162

Replies 3

I need to apply for DASP on behalf of the client as a registered agent. The client has already departed Australia  and does not have an active bank account in Australia. 

How can i apply online. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Astraconsulting

You'll need to use the DASP online intermediary application system. If the client's super is held by a super fund, they can use their international bank account.

You can see how to access the intermediary application system and find help on our website.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Astraconsulting

You'll need to use the DASP online intermediary application system. If the client's super is held by a super fund, they can use their international bank account.

You can see how to access the intermediary application system and find help on our website.

Replies 1

Dear expert,

I am a registered tax agent and trying to help my clients regarding their super withdraw after departing Australia.

I am wondering that do we need to submit an online intermediaries application for every single client that we are assisting on super withdrawal?

Kind regards,

Luke He

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @LukeHe,

If you have completed the intermediary form this will give you the ability to submit the 3rd party DASP application for your clients. You should only have to do this once to receive confirmation that you can apply. The website advises - To become a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) intermediary you must complete, and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of the DASP online application – Agreement for intermediaries.

Links-

DASP for Intermediaries.

All the best