Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

How much i could get back when I claim Dasp.

Views 150

Replies 1

Hello, I used to hold bridging visa A. i never been in Australia by WHV. I left Australia already and I just claim my super which ATO held. I still did not get how you calculate the withdraw amount of it. As the record, i have $9600. How much will I got back from ATO

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @GiangN

The amount of tax applied to your DASP payment depends on the components that make up your super amount. This includes a tax-free component, a taxable component - taxed element, and a taxable component - untaxed element. Unfotunately, without details on what portion of the payment made up each component, we cannot advise on the amount you'll receive. 

You could contact the superfund that the amount was from before being provided to us. They may have information on what amounts were under each component, which you can use to estimate your payment amount. You can use our page on how and when dasp is paid to calculate this. There's a tax table on there under the heading 'How DASP is taxed'.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions. 

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @GiangN

The amount of tax applied to your DASP payment depends on the components that make up your super amount. This includes a tax-free component, a taxable component - taxed element, and a taxable component - untaxed element. Unfotunately, without details on what portion of the payment made up each component, we cannot advise on the amount you'll receive. 

You could contact the superfund that the amount was from before being provided to us. They may have information on what amounts were under each component, which you can use to estimate your payment amount. You can use our page on how and when dasp is paid to calculate this. There's a tax table on there under the heading 'How DASP is taxed'.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.