Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Process enquiry

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 192

Replies 1

I was on a Student Visa in Melbourne, which expired on the 31st of May. I applied for a Temporary Visitor Visa, and it still has not been granted so I am currently on a bridging visa. However, I will be departing Australia on the 20th of July.
How do I apply for my DASP? If my visitor visa gets granted, will I have to ask the Department of Home Affairs to cancel it in order to receive my DASP?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Master

Replies 0

Hi @KamnaK,

Thanks for your question.

As per our eligibility requirements,

• your visa has ceased to be in effect
  • you have left Australia and do not hold any other active Australian visa

From what you've said, you'll have to wait until after you've departed and then until your visa runs out. Once you've left the country and no longer have an active visa you can apply.

I would highly recommend you read up on our information about DASPs. We recommend that you get any certified copies while you are still in Australia - you will need to check with your super what documents they need certified in order to release the super.

Good luck!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Master

Replies 0

Hi @KamnaK,

Thanks for your question.

As per our eligibility requirements,

• your visa has ceased to be in effect
  • you have left Australia and do not hold any other active Australian visa

From what you've said, you'll have to wait until after you've departed and then until your visa runs out. Once you've left the country and no longer have an active visa you can apply.

I would highly recommend you read up on our information about DASPs. We recommend that you get any certified copies while you are still in Australia - you will need to check with your super what documents they need certified in order to release the super.

Good luck!