Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Retiring in UK.

Views 120

Replies 1

If I retire in the UK can I still receive an Australian pension for the 20+ years I worked there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @bbrownuk

If you're an Australian citizen or a permanent resident that has left Australia you can access your super in the same was as if you still lived here. Our page on withdrawing and using your super should explain this further. 

If you were considered a temporary resident while working in Australia you may be able to withdraw your super through the Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP)

Have a read through those pages and let us know if you have any questions. Hope this helps. 

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @bbrownuk

If you're an Australian citizen or a permanent resident that has left Australia you can access your super in the same was as if you still lived here. Our page on withdrawing and using your super should explain this further. 

If you were considered a temporary resident while working in Australia you may be able to withdraw your super through the Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP)

Have a read through those pages and let us know if you have any questions. Hope this helps.