Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Superannuation Tax

Views 620

Replies 1

Hi,

I visited Australia with a W&H visa (subclass 462), but I'm currently working with a Temporary Skill Shortage (482). If I've been working and accumulating superannuation under my WHM for just one month and then during the next two years under the 482 visa, the withdrawing tax will be a 65 %?

Thanks in advance for your attention,

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @aslopez91,

The WHM tax rates if you are accessing a DASP changed in Dec 2016. The temporary resident tax rates can be viewed via the link. The website advises - 

'You are a WHM if you hold one of the below visas:

• a 417 (Working Holiday) visa
  • a 462 (Work and Holiday) visa
  • an associated bridging visa.

From 1 July 2017, the new DASP WHM tax rate of 65% applies to DASPs made to WHMs where it includes amounts attributable to superannuation contributions made under a WHM visa.

It does not matter when you held a WHM visa. If you have ever held a 417 or 462 and associated bridging visas and the DASP includes amounts attributable to super contributions made while you held the relevant visa, the DASP WHM tax rate will apply.

The DASP WHM tax rate applies to the entire payment, including any super you may have earned while working under a different visa.'

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JodieR.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @aslopez91,

The WHM tax rates if you are accessing a DASP changed in Dec 2016. The temporary resident tax rates can be viewed via the link. The website advises - 

'You are a WHM if you hold one of the below visas:

• a 417 (Working Holiday) visa
  • a 462 (Work and Holiday) visa
  • an associated bridging visa.

From 1 July 2017, the new DASP WHM tax rate of 65% applies to DASPs made to WHMs where it includes amounts attributable to superannuation contributions made under a WHM visa.

It does not matter when you held a WHM visa. If you have ever held a 417 or 462 and associated bridging visas and the DASP includes amounts attributable to super contributions made while you held the relevant visa, the DASP WHM tax rate will apply.

The DASP WHM tax rate applies to the entire payment, including any super you may have earned while working under a different visa.'

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JodieR.