Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Superannuation Taxation issue

Highlighted

Views 133

Replies 3

Hi, I am trying to claim my superannuation by filling the online application through the ATO.
The system recognises that i held an WHM Visa, but there aren't any contributions made under this visa as I work only under a Student Visa. I held an WHM Visa but in the 2004 and i never open a superannuation in that case. The contribution made in my superannuation are only due under the student Visa (Subclasses 500) held by 2019 to 2020.
How can I fix this issue? How can i proceed to claim the superannuation with the correct taxation?
Thanks

Best Regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Giorgia,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to apply for COVID-19 early release of super as temporary visa holder cannot apply in the 2020-2021 financial year and the student visa subclass 500 is a temporary visa. The early release of super eligibility criteria states that temporary residents are not eligible to apply for a COVID-19 early release of super in 2020–21. If your visa has expired and you have left Australia, you may be eligible for the Departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP).

Hope this clarifies the situation,

JacquelineATO

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Giorgia,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to apply for COVID-19 early release of super as temporary visa holder cannot apply in the 2020-2021 financial year and the student visa subclass 500 is a temporary visa. The early release of super eligibility criteria states that temporary residents are not eligible to apply for a COVID-19 early release of super in 2020–21. If your visa has expired and you have left Australia, you may be eligible for the Departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP).

Hope this clarifies the situation,

JacquelineATO

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi, i am already left Australia and I am eligible to request DASP. I am trying to do the request on-line by the ATO, but the sistem recognise me as i held a working Holiday Visa, but I've always pay the contributions to the my Superannuation under a Student Visa.

How can I fix this issue? Should I have to request the Certificate Of Immigration Status?

Thanks

Best Regards

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Giorgia,

It will depend if you also held a WHM visa. We have answered this inquiry on our forum previously, you can view our response here.

If you have further questions please post them here.