Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Tax % - 476 visa to bridging visa waiting for 457 visa

I'm new

Views 114

Replies 1

Hi,

I would like to know the tax percentage if I withdraw my super fund as my 457 visa application has been cancelled.

I came to Australia on the Subclass 476 skilled graduate visa for 18 months. And on my last month, I was offered a 457 working visa. While waiting for the 457 visa, I was on bridging visa A. There was a problem on the employer nomination so it was pushed to the Tribunal. Just in March 2021, the nomination was refused, hence, my application was refused as well. Now, I need to depart Australia by the 30th April. Just wondering, because I didn't get my working visa, and I was on bridging visa the whole time, under DASP, would the tax be 35% or 65%?

Appreciate any information on this. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @kabruno

You will only be a working holiday maker (WHM) where you have held a 417 or 462 visa. Bridging visas that are considered WHM are going from a WHM visa to another WHM visa, or from a WHM and another visa is not issued after this.

For you, this means you are not considered a WHM for taxation purposes.

This means the normal DASP rate applies instead. That is, your taxable component - taxed element will be taxed at 35%, and your taxable component - untaxed element will be taxed at 45%.

You can read about DASP for WHM and how DASP is taxed on our website.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @kabruno

You will only be a working holiday maker (WHM) where you have held a 417 or 462 visa. Bridging visas that are considered WHM are going from a WHM visa to another WHM visa, or from a WHM and another visa is not issued after this.

For you, this means you are not considered a WHM for taxation purposes.

This means the normal DASP rate applies instead. That is, your taxable component - taxed element will be taxed at 35%, and your taxable component - untaxed element will be taxed at 45%.

You can read about DASP for WHM and how DASP is taxed on our website.